Tuesday, December 8, 2015

PJ Media;"Praising A&E's Down Syndrome Docu-Series 'Born This Way,' Sarah Palin Talks Faith and Son Trig"

Kate O'Hare at PJ Media wrote;


From Kate O'Hare at PJ MEDIA

On Tuesday, Dec. 8, A&E premieres the docu-series "Born this Way," six one-hour episodes that profile seven young adults in Southern California, born with Down syndrome, along with their families and friends."


and after further description quoted Governor Palin;


"One person who knows firsthand about raising a child with Down syndrome is former Alaska governor Sarah Palin. The world met her son, Trig, at 16 weeks old, when Sen. John McCain introduced Palin as his vice-presidential running mate for the 2008 presidential campaign.
Contacted by PJ Media while on a tour for her latest book, "Sweet Freedom:"

Palin wrote in an email to PJ Media this week:
I love this so much! My kids sent me clips of this upcoming show while I'm here on the road for my book tour. It brought tears to my eyes, in a good way! The kids were so happy to see this, too. They had shown Trig the show's clips, trying to discern if his reaction reflected any recognition of his beautiful brothers and sisters beautifully showcased on his iPad screen. (Trig isn't very verbal, but signed to his siblings that he was very irritated they'd interrupted his Nat Geo baby animals documentary at the time, and demanded they just turn it back on. So, yeah... that.)

Pop culture now gets another powerful look at how valuable every innocent life is. I'm so glad to see the celebration and tolerance of beautiful people who may look "different" than what societal standards want to tell us is perfect or even acceptable.
When I discovered very early on in my pregnancy that my son Trig had an extra chromosome, that he was a child with Down syndrome, it rocked my world. I was scared of the unknown. But, as I write in my devotional, Sweet Freedom, with this situation and with all the fears and trials life may hit us with, I knew I could I desperately call out to God for Truth in the situation 
God tells us in the Psalms that He knits us together in the womb, and that we are 'fearfully and wonderfully made.' God say, "I've got this!"
The minute Trig was born, God answered my prayers with changed eyes to be able to see my son as a gorgeous perfect gift for the Palins. And He exchanged my fear with a heart full of a curious, excited anticipation for what all Trig would be teaching us.
 Read the entire article AT THIS LINK



Fair use notice: This website contains copyrighted material, the use of which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Excerpts of such material is made available for educational purposes, and as such this constitutes ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Act. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this website is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Original material published on this website may be excerpted and the excerpt reproduced for the purpose of critical reviews. However, such original material may not be reproduced in full on another website or in any manner without prior approval from this website’s owner. In all cases when material from this website is reproduced in full or in part, the author and website must be credited by name and a hyperlink provided to this website 
#comments { display: none!important; }