Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Gov.Palin Reaches Out To Louis C.K. Again With Christian Book Dedication


The story of Lousi C K 's drunken attack on palin and his subsequent apology after she met him is well know. As above, Governor Palin continues her Christian outreach

Sarah Palin Charmed By Louis C.K.'s 'Nice, Humble' Apology for Mean Tweets


Sarah Palin Charmed by Louis C.K. Apology for Mean Tweets
Sarah Palin and Louis C.K.
LARRY BUSACCA/GETTY (2)
 
04/16/2015 AT 07:10 AM EDT
Proving it's never too late to say, "I'm sorry," comedian Louis C.K. earned a warm response from former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin afterapologizing to her for the vile things he Tweeted about her – almost five years ago.

In a Twitter rant that made news in 2010, Louis C.K. was drunk on a plane when he unleashed several obscene tweets about Palin.

"Maybe it surprises people, but I was sincerely humbled and appreciative," Palin tells PEOPLE of her encounter with the comedian at the Saturday Night Live40th anniversary special's after-party in February.

As Louis C.K. told the story to Howard Stern on Wednesday, Palin was with her nephew, Payton McCann, a young stand-up comic waiting tables by day, when she told the professional comedian, "My nephew told me I have to say hi to you and you’re the one guy I have to meet."



Louis C.K. told Stern that he's "never in a million years" apologized for any of his jokes before, but added that that night, "something came over me emotionally and I said, 'Well, I owe you an apology.' "

That's where Palin picks up the story: "I had to ask C.K. what it was he was apologizing for. ...C.K. explained he'd said some things about me and was sorry, and went on with such a nice, humble apology. I laughed and said he didn't need to apologize, for I hadn't even heard it. Then I teased him that, 'If you really did say nasty things about me, well, then you're the only person to have ever said mean things about me, so for shame!' "

Sarah Palin Charmed By Louis C.K.'s 'Nice, Humble' Apology for Mean Tweets| politics, Real People Stories, Louis C.K., Sarah Palin
Sarah Palin and her nephew, Payton McCann
D DIPASUPIL / FILMMAGIC
Palin says McCann, a "huge fan" of Louis C.K., subsequently sent her some of his material – "though Payton may have censored it before forwarding the bits" – and she found the Louie star to be a "very funny talent."

The conservative firebrand, who doesn't often find anything redeeming about Hollywood, is now a fan – of more than Louis C.K.'s stand-up.

"I wish I could have spoken with him longer. And again, I sincerely appreciated his unexpected and character-revealing apology," she says. "I think he's the only one in Hollywood who's ever done that."

And, the offer she made him at the party still stands: "Come fishing with me next time you're in Alaska!"

Maybe it's a mutual affection. Louis C.K. says he'd do it "in a heartbeat."




Fair use notice: This website contains copyrighted material, the use of which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Excerpts of such material is made available for educational purposes, and as such this constitutes ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Act. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this website is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Original material published on this website may be excerpted and the excerpt reproduced for the purpose of critical reviews. However, such original material may not be reproduced in full on another website or in any manner without prior approval from this website’s owner. In all cases when material from this website is reproduced in full or in part, the author and website must be credited by name and a hyperlink provided to this website 
#comments { display: none!important; }